Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It is so crazy........

.......that something so small can suck every ounce of energy you have! Many of asked how I am feeling. Luckily, I am basically feeling great. Other than being extremely tired, I do get occasional headaches. I have to admit that I am a little cranky, but Trent may argue that this isn't unusual! I have not had any nausea......knock on wood! I still look pregnant, even at seven weeks (and three days to be exact!). I have cysts on my ovaries that are making my abdomen swell. According to the doctor, these probably won't go done until the 12th week. So, I am guessing that for the next 10 months, my stomach will be expanding! This is fine with me.....I just walk around and rub my stomach like I always see pregnant women doing.....just pretending that the pooch is a baby:)

We went to are second ultrasound appt today and got to hear the heartbeat again......oh my gosh, I can't believe this is finally happening for us! Everything looked great. The baby more than doubled in size in a week (from 4.5 mm to 11.1 mm) and the heart rate was 144 beats/minute. According to Elizabeth a slow heart rate can indicate a boy (144 is on the slower end). Who knows....but, the Chinese Lunar calendar also says I am having a boy:) Here is a picture of the little bean.........


This was taken two weeks ago, and I am bigger now:)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a boy for some reason, but I was wrong on Meg! (but right for Lauri)

    Eli needs some boys around there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a little GiRL!
    EKB!!!!
    :)
    We miss you already, keep the updates coming...I'm going to write sometime this week all about my friend's wedding weekend.
    Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete