Monday, October 11, 2010

Our little guy at 5 months.........

Well, 5 1/2 months actually! Of course, I have had the blog on my "to do" list for 2 weeks. Brooks is growing by the day. This month has been super busy with one trip to Boerne to see the Risers, Aunt Kasey coming to down, pumpkin patch and spending time outside with this great weather. Brooks started baby food, and there isn't a thing he doesn't eat! I take that back.....I tried to be that mom that makes my babies own food (all organic, etc), but he hated it! I worked hard to make pea baby food for him, and all he did was spit it out immediately. I guess he doesn't like Mom's cookin'! He sits up momentarily (maybe 1-2 minutes unassisted), rolls all over the place and is working on army crawling. Everything goes straight to the mouth! We spend much of our time outside in his jumperoo as this is the only activity he could do for hours! Now we even have a mat under the jumperoo outside because he actually got a small blister on his toe from jumping (no comment Megan Gearing!).

I know I am being "Captain Obvious" here, but Trent and I couldn't love this little guy any more. Used to, I was so tired when he would wake up (3 times a night) and would drag myself upstairs. But now, I run up the stairs to get him. His cute button nose, precious smile and giggles make my day every day! I LOVE HIM, and he is worth every minute that it took to get him here.............

He thinks Sam is so funny!

Getting ready for the pumpking patch and Aunt Kasey and Aunt Hayley








"Look, I am almost as tall as my Aunt Kasey!" (te he he)
Still not a fan of long rides in the car. He literally cried for 70 minutes STRAIGHT
Dad had to wear ear plugs!
But, so excited to see the Risers!

And, Brooks got to celebrate Natalie's birthday with her
Loves bath time
Sitting up and playing

Best birthday gift EVER for momma!














1 comment:

  1. Kristin!! He is adorable! Those blue eyes... so sweet! T HATES the car too... will have to try the ear plugs thing! ha... I need to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete