Wednesday, April 21st was a normal day at work. I began having mild contractions around noon that day, but thought they were Braxton Hicks. My dr had told me they would begin getting stronger so I credited my pain to that. I was hoping all day that my water would break so that I could go home from work early. I started lunging with patients with intermittant squats and cheerleading high kicks...........I am serious! My last patient walked out the door at 5:30 pm. I was at the front desk when I felt the "bubble." I quietly and patiently walked to the restroom and did notice some water. My heart started beating rather fast, and I quickly called my mother. More started coming out.........I call Trent and then the hospital. Trent was extremely calm! I came home from work, we finished packing and then began our trip to the hospital. I knew that I wouldn't get to eat or drink for quite sometime and that Trent wouldn't get to eat. So, we stopped at Whataburger! Trent made the order and then proceeded to tell the guy at the window that his wife was in labor and we needed our food pronto!!!!!!! Oh, and of course we turned the hazards on...........who wouldn't!? That just makes the experience more "movie-like!" When I got to the hospital, I was certain my water broke............Niagra Falls, folks! I quickly began to dilate, so much that they had to take me off of the pitocin drip. I so wanted my mom and Kasey to be there, so the dr helped us stall. Fortunately they made it in time:) Of course, I let both Kasey and my mom, oh and Trent, in the room during delivery. Thankfully, the whole labor process was nothing like I thought! A few pushes and BAM............BROOKS DAVIS BOOHER arrived at 2:40 am.
We have been home for close to 2 weeks now, and things haven't been that bad! Brooks is a very calm baby that loves to sleep, his little lamb swing, walks around the block and of course MILK. This breastfeeding thing is much more difficult that I imagined. I feel like I am shooting out fire as opposed to milk..........sorry for the graphic details!
One more thing, which is an inside joke. Don't ask if you don't know, but I have to say..........RIP Nadine (1978-2010).
I was not trying to be dramatic with the oxygen! They made me wear it due to Brooks' heart rate.
Oh nooooo...........9 centimeters!
Proud mommy meeting her Angel for the first time.
Daddy...........BTW, first time to hold an infant!
Car ride home from hospital
Nasty clothes I was wearing when my water broke!
No comments:
Post a Comment