Sunday, August 29, 2010

Four months have passed.....

and we are loving are little guy more and more each day. Trent and I argue over who gets to get him up in the morning and from naps. He is just too cute when he wakes up and is all smiles:) Did I just say, "when we get HIM up?" I meant when HE gets US up! During the last month the little stinker has been waking up 1-2 times in the middle of the night. Well, that's when "tough love" had to start. I, of course, was getting up and giving him a little "snack" then rocking him back to sleep. That was a definite "no-no!" Last Sunday I had to begin letting him "cry it out" in the night. The first night was terrible as I just watched the monitor as he would scream for what seemed like hours (20 minutes really). Then, he would eventually fall asleep. After 4 nights of this, he has quickly caught on that I am not feeding him or coming to get him. We now have a consistent 8 pm-6 am schedule with NO night time snacks!

Brooks also has new tricks! First and foremost, he rolls over! This is good and bad, I guess! He can only roll from belly to back, and this causes problems with sleeping. If he rolls over, he wants me to come roll him back over.....he's a tummy sleeper! He uses both hands to grab any and everything and goes straight for the mouth. His abs are getting stronger each week, and he is trying to sit unsupported. Being a therapist and all, we talk about co-contracting all the time.....not sure he understands yet! Our little guy is also very vocal......he babbles, coos and laughs all the time. Whether he is mad, happy, hungry, etc., he will definitely let us know! He is eating cereal each morning and beginning to catch on to the spoon/swallow thing.

Our 4 month appt went well, except for those darn shots! This time wasn't as easy as the last. He was fussy ALL day after the shots and got a little fever:( We found out that Brooks is definitely well fed! He weighs 17 lbs 5 oz (90th percentile), is in the 65th percentile for height and is head is in the 90th percentile (got this one from his dad!).

That's about it for the past month! Next month we get to start baby food!!!!!!!!!!!

What a ham!

I can multi-task with the best of them. By the way, Bella NEVER leaves our sight!


"What's up?"


Very animated.....fish face!
Sitting in the big boy chair.

This is how dad gets Brooks to sleep!

Aunt Hayley
Nana came to visit!










No comments:

Post a Comment